Wilde Consulting Engineers exploit the latest computational modelling technologies to reduce risk within projects and develop innovative solutions.
With a dedicated team of chartered engineers specialising in fluid dynamics, stress and thermal simulation, we work closely with building services engineers, architects, planners and environmental officers to validate designs, secure regulatory compliance and identify any issues at an early stage.
Typical applications and capabilities:
- Wind microclimate assessment for pedestrian comfort and safety, from initial desktop studies to comprehensive CFD analysis, supporting planning applications while providing a rapid, flexible and cost-effective alternative to wind tunnel testing.
- Wind loading studies for building structures and facades.
- HVAC, EMC, acoustic and smoke and fire modelling to investigate thermal comfort and energy efficiency, functional performance and safety within internal building environments. Projects range from data centres to concert venues.
- Support for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), including flue emission and pollution analysis.
Other computational modelling services include:
- Geometric design and optimisation of water and wastewater unit processes.
- Static and dynamic analysis of steel and reinforced concrete structures, including seismic response, machine vibration, blast and impact loading.
- Geotechnical FEA and slope stability analysis to accurately predict soil capacity, consolidation, heave and interaction between soil and structure.