Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
A vacancy exists for a Senior Bridge Engineer who will be an experienced civil/structural engineer to work on varied and challenging highway structures and rail projects for public and private sector clients.
The Senior Bridge Engineer role requires a ‘hands on’ approach and the application of professional engineering knowledge and skills to the direction of projects. Excellent career prospects are available for the right candidate.
Duties will involve; the preparation of feasibility studies, design calculations (a working knowledge Eurocodes is essential), carrying out bridge inspections and assessments (working knowledge of the DMRB is essential), preparation of contract documents and specifications and supervision of contractors. The role may also involve undertaking project management tasks for certain projects and dealing with clients.
Specific objectives include:
- To provide high level technical services.
- To provide support, training and guidance to other staff.
- To develop and retain specialist knowledge.
- Reporting to the Bridges director and managing graduates/junior members of staff.
Experience of working in a bridges/highway structures design consultancy office is essential, typically with at least 5 years practical design experience.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Leadership skills.
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
- Client facing skills and building client relationships.