Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
Our Stockport building structures and infrastructure team continues to grow in the North West. We have been appointed to many framework contracts with universities, Network Rail and local authorities.
We require an ambitious Senior or Principal Structural Engineer to work in our Stockport offices to deliver varied and challenging building structure projects for public and private sector clients. The candidate must be a chartered engineer (MIStructE or MICE).
Excellent career prospects are available for the right candidate.
The role requires a ‘hands on’ approach and the candidate must have design experience in all forms of structural materials and also be conversant with external works. The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the successful delivery of their projects. This will include structural design, client liaison and supervision of junior staff. Drainage design experience is also desirable but not essential.
Specific objectives include:
- To provide high level technical services.
- To provide support, training and guidance to other staff.
- To develop and retain specialist knowledge.
- Reporting to the structural engineer and managing graduates/junior members of staff.
Experience of working in a civil/structural design consultancy office is essential, typically with at least 5 years practical design experience.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Leadership skills.
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
- Client facing skills and building client relationships.
Duties will involve providing structural and civil engineering design services for residential, educational, industrial and commercial projects both in the UK and Overseas.
Our projects vary from university buildings to the refurbishment and over-cladding of high rise housing and include hospitals, schools, new high rise apartments, affordable housing and bespoke luxury housing. The candidate can be expected to work on small challenging projects and major projects up to £30m in value.
We can offer:
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexible working.
- Organised social events.
- Free on-site parking.
- On-site cycle storage and showers.
- 5 minutes walk to Pure Gym.
- Paid overtime.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Competitive salary.
- Varied work and early responsibility.