Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
A vacancy exists for a Senior or Principal Bridge Engineer to join Wilde Consultants Ltd.
Wilde Consultants Ltd are an award winning civil, structural, rail and transportation consultancy, which is one of the largest independently owned consultancies in the UK with offices in London, Stockport and Warrington. The position is based at our Warrington office and offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established bridges and highway structures team working on varied and challenging highway and rail projects for both public and private sector clients.
Our Warrington office continues to grow in the North West, having been appointed to many local authority framework contracts and recently awarded Network Rail’s Works Delivery Framework Contract. Our services and support offered to clients encompasses all stages in the lifecycle of highway and rail structures.
Excellent career prospects are available for the right candidate.
The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the successful delivery of their projects.
Duties will involve: the preparation of feasibility studies; design and checking for highway and rail structure schemes including refurbishment, strengthening and replacement schemes; the preparation of contract documents using NEC forms of contract; preparation of specifications using MCHW; carrying out bridge inspections and assessments; supervision of contractors. The role may also involve undertaking project management tasks for certain projects and dealing with clients. Strong communication skills are required for both liaison with clients and for managing junior staff.
The ideal candidate would have strong technical skills combined with the ability to manage and lead junior staff to deliver schemes on time and to budget. Knowledge of and proficiency in applying DMRB and Eurocodes is essential. The candidate should be professionally qualified, ideally Chartered (CEng), however Incorporated (IEng) nearing chartership would be considered.
Specific objectives include:
- Providing and delivering a high level of technical service related to Highway and Rail structures.
- Financial and commercial management of schemes.
- Leadership, support, training and guidance to other staff.
- Developing and retaining specialist knowledge in certain areas.
- Liaising with other discipline team leaders to ensure technical integration.
Applicants should be:
- Experience of working in a bridges and highway/rail structures design office, with a minimum of at least 5 years’ practical design experience.
- A ‘hands on’ approach and the professional engineering knowledge and skills to undertake assessment and design projects using DMRB and Eurocodes.
- Awareness of and ability to manage financial/commercial aspects to deliver schemes on time and to budget.
- Strong communication and leadership skills to manage, lead and mentor junior staff.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
- Professionally qualified (CEng ideally, IEng would be considered).
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Free onsite parking.
- Flexible working.
- Varied work.
- Excellent career progression prospects.
- Organised social events.
- Cycle to work scheme.