Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
A vacancy exists for a Senior Highway Engineer to join an award winning civil, structural, rail and transportation consultancy which is one of the largest independently owned consultancies in the UK with offices in London, Stockport and Liverpool. The position is based at our Stockport offices and offers excellent opportunities to design highway infrastructure projects for local Councils, highway authorities and private sector organisations.
Our Stockport infrastructure team continues to grow in the North West. We have been appointed to many local authority framework contracts and have recently been awarded commissions to work a number of high profile multi-million housing development sites.
The role requires a ‘hands on’ approach and the application of professional engineering knowledge and skills to the design of projects.
Duties will involve: the preparation of feasibility studies, designs, scheme drawings and calculations; preparation of contract documents and specifications; undertaking project management tasks for schemes; mentoring/managing junior members of staff, liaising with clients and supervision of contractors. A working knowledge of the DMRB and current design standards/codes is essential.
Specific objectives include:
- Providing a high-level technical service;
- Providing support, training and guidance to other staff;
- Developing and retaining specialist knowledge in certain areas;
- Reporting to the highway’s director;
- Liaising with other discipline team leaders to ensure technical integration; and
- Financial and commercial management.
Experience of working in a highway design office is essential, typically with at least 10 years’ practical design experience.
Applicants should be:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision/mentoring junior members of staff; and
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexible working.
- Organised social events.
- Free on-site parking.
- On-site cycle storage and showers.
- 2 minutes walk to Pure Gym.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Competitive salary.
- Varied work and early responsibility.