Wilde Consulting Engineers have recently undertaken and completed designs for eleven new build school projects, SureStart community centres and leisure facilities. These designs were carried out through Framework Contracts with a number of Local Authorities.
Structural surveys, remedial works designs and specifications for repairs and refurbishments have been carried out on over 50 schools during the last 10 years. In addition to defect reports, many of the commissions are Architect led. Projects have involved providing DDA compliance, replacing flat roofs, extensions and modernisation.
Design features and challenges addressed during these projects include:
- Complex geometries, with building curves on plan and in elevation.
- Mixed structural materials – steel, glulaminated timber and masonry.
- Concrete framed construction.
- Contemporary and sustainable building materials.
- Rain water attenuation and SUDS.
- Roads and car parks.
- Ground contamination.
- Land quality and remediation statements.
- Three dimensional modelling.