Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
Wilde Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Principal Engineer to join the bridges and highway structures team. The position is based at our Warrington office and offers excellent career prospects for the right candidate.
Wilde Consulting Engineers are an award winning civil, structural, rail and transportation consultancy. We are one of the largest independently owned consultancies in the UK with offices in London, Stockport and Warrington.
The successful candidate would join a well-established highway and rail structures team, working on a wide variety of structures across both the highway and rail sectors. The position involves the design and delivery of highway structure and rail structure projects for public and private sector clients.
The continued growth of our Warrington office in the North West, has led to the new opening. Wilde have been appointed to many local authority framework contracts and recently awarded Network Rail’s Works Delivery Framework Contract.
Our services and support offered to clients encompasses all stages in the lifecycle of highway and rail structures.
The ideal candidate would have significant experience of designing and delivering highway structure and/or rail structure schemes. The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the successful delivery of their schemes, including technical, commercial and client liaison. The ideal candidate would have strong technical skills combined with the ability to manage and lead junior staff to deliver schemes on time and to budget.
Knowledge of and proficiency in applying DMRB and Eurocodes is essential.
The candidate should be Professionally qualified holding the status of Chartered Engineer (CEng), with either ICE or IStructE.
Duties of the role include:
- The preparation of feasibility studies.
- Design and checking for highway and rail structure schemes including refurbishment, strengthening and replacement schemes.
- The preparation of contract documents using NEC forms of contract.
- Preparation of specifications using MCHW or Network Rail standards.
- Carrying out bridge inspections and assessments.
- Financial and commercial management of schemes to deliver on time and to budget.
- Client liaison.
- Management of junior staff in the delivery of schemes.
- Leadership, support, training and guidance to support the development of junior staff.
Applicants should have:
- Experience of working in a bridges and highway/rail structures design office, with a minimum of at least 10 years experience of designing and delivering highway or rail structure schemes.
- Professionally qualified with ICE or IStructE as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- A ‘hands on’ approach with the ability and skills to undertake assessment and design projects using DMRB and Eurocodes.
- Project management skills to manage the commercial and communication aspects to ensure schemes are delivered on time and to budget.
- Strong communication and leadership skills to manage, lead and mentor junior staff.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working hours.
- Paid overtime.
- Varied and interesting work.
- Excellent career progression prospects.
- Organised social events.
- Cycle to work scheme.