Wilde Consulting Engineers have provided design, assessment and analysis services for complex multi disciplinary nuclear safety related projects for over twenty five years. These services have been provided on projects both in the UK and overseas, acting for either Client organisations, design and build contractors or national regulators.
Designs prepared by Wilde Consulting Engineers have been licensed in the UK, USA and Eastern Europe. Commissions vary from carrying out the analysis and design of an entire facility to providing expert comment on discrete aspects of a project.
Our Directors and key senior staff had many years of experience working on nuclear projects prior to joining Wilde Consulting Engineers. These were at Sellafield (WVP, MASWEP and THORP) and on nuclear power stations at Heysham II, Hartlepool and Sizewell B.
Key skills include:
- Design to national and international standards (BS, ACI, AISC, ASME, DIN, Eurocodes).
- Expert knowledge of extreme loading design for concrete, steel and masonry structures.
- Integrated design and analysis services; seismic, blast, impact, thermal, tornado wind.
- Ground engineering; site response studies, soil structure interaction analyses.
- Ground liquefaction studies and design of mitigation / ground improvement works.
- Assessment of existing structures.
- Peer Review, Independent Nuclear Safety Assessment.