Key Route Network Baseline Studies and Action Plan
Location: South Segment of Greater Manchester
- Establish the baseline performance and condition for all modes using the KRN and present in a non-technical, visual format.
- Identify the nature and function of the routes making up the KRN, both in terms of their role as transport arteries and their local economic and ‘place’ functions.
- Identify potential issues to be addressed and opportunities to improve performance.
- Benchmark the network against various criteria to provide an understanding of where investment priorities should lie.
- Develop a forward investment strategy including prioritisation of capital improvement schemes.