Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
A vacancy exists for a Highway Engineer to join an award winning civil, structural, rail and transportation consultancy which is one of the largest independently owned consultancies in the UK with offices in London, Stockport and Warrington. The position is based at our Stockport office and offers excellent opportunities to design highway infrastructure projects for local Councils, highway authorities and private sector organisations.
Our Stockport infrastructure team continues to grow in the North West. We have been appointed to many local authority framework contracts and have recently been awarded commissions to work a number of high profile multi-million housing development sites.
Duties will involve: the preparation of feasibility studies, designs, scheme drawings and calculations; preparation of contract documents and specifications; undertaking project management tasks for schemes; liaising with clients and supervision of contractors. A working knowledge of the DMRB and current design standards/codes is essential.
Specific objectives include:
- Providing a high level technical service.
- Providing support and guidance to other staff.
- Developing and retaining specialist knowledge in certain areas.
- Liaising with other discipline team leaders to ensure technical integration.
Applicants should be:
- Experienced in working in a highway design office, with a strong focus in the design of local road projects is essential, typically with at least 5 years’ practical design experience.
- Have a ‘hands on’ approach with the professional engineering knowledge and skills to design projects using DMRB and current design standards/codes.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
- Degree of HNC qualified.
- Competitive salary with 25 days holiday.
- Free on-site parking.
- Varied work and early responsibility with flexible working.
- Organised social events.
- Cycle to work scheme with on-site storage and facilities.
- 5 minutes walk to Pure Gym.