Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
A vacancy exists for a Graduate Engineer with 3 to 5 years’ experience. The position offers excellent opportunities to work on varied and challenging bridge, highway and rail structures engineering projects for both public and private sector clients.
We operate an ICE accredited Training Scheme which provides excellent support and career development/progression opportunities for the right candidates. Our dedicated Training Manager was awarded the ICE Mentor of the Year award.
The role requires a ‘hands on’ approach and the application of professional engineering knowledge and skills to the design of projects.
Duties will involve; the preparation of feasibility studies, designs, reviewing scheme drawings, calculations, preparation of contract documents/specifications and supervision of contractors. A working knowledge of current relevant design standards/codes is desirable.
Specific objectives include:
- Providing a high level technical services.
- Developing and retaining specialist knowledge in certain areas.
- Reporting to the directors and principal engineers.
- Experience of working in a civil/structural design office is desirable but not essential.
Applicants should be:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility and working towards Incorporated or Chartered status.