Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
A vacancy exists for an Associate Director, Bridges who will be an experienced chartered civil/structural engineer to work on varied and challenging highway structures and rail projects for public and private sector clients.
The Associate Director role requires a ‘hands on’ approach and the application of professional engineering knowledge and skills to the direction of projects. Excellent career prospects are available for the right candidate.
Duties will involve; the preparation of feasibility studies, design calculations (a working knowledge Eurocodes is essential), managing bridge inspections and undertaking assessments (working knowledge of the DMRB is essential), preparation of contract documents and specifications and supervision of contractors, The role will also involve undertaking project management tasks for certain projects including financial management and client liaison to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
Specific objectives include:
- To provide high level technical services.
- To provide support, training and guidance to other staff.
- To develop and retain specialist knowledge.
- Reporting to the Bridges director and managing graduates/junior members of staff.
Experience of working in a bridges/highway structures design consultancy office is essential, typically with at least 10 years practical design experience.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Leadership skills.
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
- Client facing skills and building client relationships.
We can offer:
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexible working.
- Organised social events.
- Free on-site parking.
- On-site cycle storage and showers.
- 5 minutes walk to Pure Gym.
- Paid overtime.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Competitive salary.
- Varied work and early responsibility.