Location: Stockport or Liverpool
Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
A vacancy exists for an Assistant Project Manager to join an award winning civil, structural, rail and transportation consultancy which is one of the largest independently owned consultancies in the UK with offices in London, Stockport and Liverpool. The position is based in Stockport or Liverpool and offers excellent opportunities to deliver infrastructure projects for local Councils, highway authorities and private sector organisations.
Our Project Management division is growing steadily in the North West with several key clients within the public sector. We have opportunities within many public sector frameworks.
This role requires an Assistant Project Manager who is looking for an opportunity to develop and improve their range of project management skills. There are plenty of challenging opportunities for those willing to learn. We are a team that supports and encourages professional development. The role requires an understanding of the application of professional engineering knowledge and skills to the delivery of projects.
This role is client facing and therefore communication and stakeholder management skills are key.
Specific objectives include:
- Reporting to the PM director.
- Providing a high-level technical support.
- Managing minor projects achieving required objectives with minimal guidance.
- Stakeholder management with experience of influencing senior level stakeholders including knowledge and understanding of varying stakeholder requirements.
- Enabling and delivering effective change.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of Civils and building related construction projects.
- APM PMQ, Prince 2 or MAPM professional qualifications.
- Experience of risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Project level financial/ budgetary skills.
- Experience in the use of IT systems for administration and management (e.g. MS Office, MS Projects, Teams).
- Understanding of public sector organisations including purpose, cultures, structure and interrelations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be flexible to respond to the changing project priorities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
A Full Clean Driving Licence is essential for this post.